Canada - Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
AECOM Water Division is actively seeking a diligent and highly talented TEMPORARY Civil Technologist or Engineer for employment in the Yellowknife, NWT Office. The appropriately qualified applicant will have an excellent understanding of Civil Engineering and Construction Management principles and significant experience with the design and construction of municipal infrastructure; including primarily roads, sewage lagoons, solid waste facilities, earthworks conveyance of water, wastewater, storm water and pump stations. This is a full-time seasonal position, meaning from spring breakup until frost conditions dictate the that outdoor construction must stop.
The Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Become familiar with IFC Drawings, Specifications and Contractor obligations
- Obtain site information and participate in the design and construction of municipal infrastructure, including roads, sewage lagoons, solid waste facilities, water, wastewater and waste water pumping and conveyance systems; including underground municipal utilities and systems associated with lift stations, pump stations and other mechanical installations associated with water/wastewater and roadworks.
- Review of Contractor Submittals
- Participate in constructability reviews
- Preparation of Progress Certificates
- Conduct surveys, contract administration and construction inspection
- Coordination with Regulatory Agencies & Utility Companies
- Client communication and management
- Project safety
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record ’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Civil Engineering Degree + 2 years of relevant experience in construction of underground municipal infrastructure projects or College Diploma + 4 YORE or Highschool + 6 YORE
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Technology Diploma are preferred
- 12 + years of related experience in the construction of underground municipal infrastructure projects is preferred
- Experience in the north and with permafrost
- Experience with construction surveys and construction oversight
- Experience with roads, sewage lagoons, solid waste facilities, municipal water, wastewater and storm water conveyance and pumping infrastructure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment and be able to communicate effectively with other team members and custome
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Water - Wastewater
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 249258BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below: https://aecom.jobs/yellowknife-nw/temporary-civil-technologistengineer/B9EE7B53237A4925B32B3D392B7FB3C6/job/
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone.
Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, infrastructure powers possibilities to help people and communities thrive.
Across the globe, our clients in the public and private sectors count on us to take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we partner with our clients to build legacies for generations to come.
We are the world’s premier infrastructure firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We’re planners, designers, engineers, consultants and construction managers driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Imagine it. Delivered.