Providing customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers by loading customers’, building loads and assisting with maintenance of an efficient and clean lumber yard. This is accomplished by assisting customers in loading items they have purchased along with gathering materials to be delivered. Inventory control, product knowledge and organization skills are all components of this position.
- Able to prioritize; manage time and coordinate multiple tasks
- Loading/unloading delivery trucks
- Operating in outdoor/indoor conditions, and ability to load and unload lumber and other building materials with or without reasonable accommodations.
- All yard personnel should be prepared to work in all types of weather
- Readily accepts additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age
- Forklift experience is helpful but not necessary
- Previous experience in retail or building industry highly preferred. Familiarity with building materials is helpful
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training and company meeting. Completes required orientation and safety training; commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedure and more