YB Services is currently looking to hire 3rd or 4th year Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentices who are already registered to work in our shop in Yellowknife, NT. This is a full time position in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Troubleshoot and repair of heavy duty and medium duty equipment and On Road Equipment.
- Reports findings and recommends repair and/or replacement of parts. Completes mechanical, electrical, air systems and general repairs/service.
- The diagnosis of equipment problems; identifying and replacing worn or broken parts as required
- Tests and inspects repairs to ensure quality work that meets all standards and determines need for other repairs.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have good aptitude and continually learn and upgrade skills/knowledge in the trade.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Strong communication skills, patience and commitment to the customer.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Heavy Duty Mechanic experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean drivers abstract.
- Experience working on commercial vehicles and construction equipment.
- Good physical condition to perform physically demanding duties.