Jacq Brasseur, a non-profit consultant and organizer who focuses on queer and trans communities, is seeking a sub-contractor or sub-contractors to support their work on a contract for Resource & Workshop Development (Sexuality & Gender) with the Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife (RCYK).
About the Contract
The contract with RCYK is to develop a series of workshops and resources focusing on LGBTQIA+ communities in the Northwest Territories.
To do this, discussion groups with members of the LGBTQIA+ community across the NWT will take place, which will inform the content of the workshops and resources. Following these discussion groups, initial development and piloting of the workshops. The workshops and materials will be reviewed and amended following input from the community. Finally, training guides and materials will be created to support a train-the-trainer program for RCYK.
If you are interested in learning more about this contract before offering an expression of interest, please contact Jacq at email@example.com.
To support this work, Jacq is seeking a sub-contractor to learn and contribute to this work. Due to the nature of the work, Jacq is especially interested in calls for interest from 2SLGBTQIA+ high school or university students and youth from the Northwest Territories.
Remuneration & Requirements of Sub-Contract
The value of this sub-contract is $10,000 + GST (if applicable), payable over 10 months (June 2021 to Mar 2022).
The sub-contractor will not be entitled to any additional remuneration for the costs associated with completing this work, including (but not limited to) internet, computer, or phone.
The sub-contractor will be provided with a communal workspace through the Rainbow Coalition of Yellowknife at the Rainbow Youth Centre in Yellowknife, NT, but may elect to work from home.
The sub-contractor will be expected to provide a clear criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
A contract is not employment. The sub-contractor will be responsible for paying any taxes associated with this income.
To Express Interest
If you are interested in submitting your interest for this sub-contract, please submit the following to Jacq Brasseur (they/them) at firstname.lastname@example.org in one PDF document:
- A cover letter expressing your relationship to Northern 2SLGBTQIA+ communities;
- A CV that includes any relevant academic, volunteer, and professional experience; and
- A professional or scholarly writing sample.
All expressions of interest must be received by May 10th 2021 at 5:00pm Mountain Time, or they may not be considered.
For more information, visit https://jacqbrasseur.com/opportunities/
The sub-contractor will be responsible for:
- Co-developing workshop content, including research, copywriting, and activity development;
- Supporting discussion groups, including collaborating on discussion guides, logistics, and co-facilitation; and
- Co-facilitating pilot workshops and training.
This sub-contract work will take place from June 2021 to March 2022.
Sub-Contract Qualifications & Expertise
Jacq is seeking a sub-contractor with the following expertise and/or experience:
- Lived experience as a LGBTQIA+ from the NWT will be considered an asset;
- Lived experience as a Two Spirit, Indigiqueer or Indigenous LGBTQIA+ youth from the NWT will be considered an asset;
- Studying a relevant field such as social work, education, sociology, women & gender studies or philosophy;
- Strong writing skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Strong public speaking skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent at time management;
- Understanding of anti-oppression, anti-racism, feminism, anti-ableism, and anti-capitalism.