The Early Childhood Interventionist, as part of an integrated team, will provide early intervention supports to preschool children experiencing developmental delays. This support is strength based and child-centered and family directed in order to maximize success. The intervention can take place in multiple locations based on the child’s needs and is family directed.
START DATE WILL BE AUGUST 2021
- Support child, through an individualized plan, to develop skills in areas of delay.
- To create positive and strength based opportunities for skill development in a family-directed, culturally sensitive manner
- Establish and maintain good communication and professional relationships with family that are family directed, value based and culturally appropriate,
- Participate in professional education and development to enhance knowledge
- Encourage the development of natural relationships with peers,
- Model appropriate interactions with all children,
- Work as part of a larger integrated team of professionals,
- Develop , implement, collect data and complete reporting as to the progress in areas of development,
- Be punctual and consistent at early intervention sessions,
- Fully immersed in play and activities including; walking, play, lifting, bending, running etc. As well as comfortable supporting with dignity and respect; personal hygiene/ health needs and anxiety, sensory and related issues .
- Post- secondary education in Early Childhood Education/ Education/Disabilities Studies preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of child development and early intervention strategies
- Understanding of Individual child centered planning
- Current First Aid and CPR certification,
- Two years’ experience working with children with disabilities in an early childhood setting;
- Non- violent physical crisis intervention or Safe Management certification (willing to train)
- Ability to obtain a Vulnerable Criminal Records Check,
- Ability to work well as both; part of an integrated team and independently
- Responsible and respectful with adherence to a strict code of confidentiality and conduct
- Administrative requirements to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to keep accurate and concise case notes