Mobile Maintenance Planner/ Scheduler
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Based in Lac de Gras, NT
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a Mobile Maintenance Planner/Scheduler who is responsible for the mobile fleet Maintenance Planning and Scheduling activities on a proactive approach to maximize our availability and reliability while providing technical assistance and guidance to the Mobile Maintenance team.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Superintendent of Maintenance and Planning, and located at the Lac de Gras Mine site, you will be working on a 3 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation in the interim with the potential that this change to a 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off rotation in the future, once the COVID-19 pandemic normalizes. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring short- and long-term Maintenance and Reliability plans align with Operations strategic goals and objectives;
- Working with the Mobile Maintenance Department to develop work plans and provide specialized service contractors in areas when required;
- Planning for and ordering parts and consumables as needed and prepare job packages for work orders in conjunction with the Parts Technicians;
- Maintaining details of parts orders and track shipments to site;
- Developing and managing the mine maintenance program by determining the specific maintenance work required to maximize the availability of mobile equipment at minimum cost with minimum unplanned maintenance and in accordance with the mine plan;
- Producing daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules and performance reports within timelines;
- Organizing delivery of necessary materials from the warehouse and coordinate maintenance activities with other areas of the mine to complete required maintenance in the shortest amount of time;
- Working with execution team to develop risk assessments and management of change documentation for critical maintenance tasks and ensure that safety modifications are followed up in a timely manner;
- Reviewing Monthly metrics with Superintendent to promote improvements to the overall process by identifying gaps.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team;
- Minimum 3 years Planning Experience using a Computerised Maintenance Management system (SAP);
- Knowledge in Equipment maintenance systems, operations and safety standards;
- Solid experience in Short- and long-term Maintenance Planning;
- Knowledge in Materials ordering and coordination procedures and contractor management;
- Experience in creating and maintaining maintenance Master Data within SAP;
- Knowledge of maintenance system data standards and governance;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, translating technical information for the target audience.
Northern residency and experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the North, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the DDMI Participation Agreement Groups and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut Territories. Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
What we offer
Be recognized for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- Career development to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- A competitive compensation
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Located in the Northwest Territories of Canada, the Diavik Diamond Mine is a producer of gem-quality diamonds. At Diavik, a strong focus is placed on protecting the local environment, as well as supporting communities through employment and education.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, women, the LGBTQIA2 community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Friday the 16th of April 2021 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)