The Network Supp Services Tech, Bus Systems maintains and remotely administer business systems including key systems and PABX, both IP and digital based technologies. A Journeyman Switching Craft or graduate of a 2 year recognized technical school or college with 5 years installation experience within the last 8 years is required.
- Maintain and remotely administer business systems including key systems and PABX, both IP and digital based technologies.
- Provide technical assistance to field forces and Operations Support Center.
- Represent the company through direct contact with customers. During these contacts, resolve issues and/or explain company equipment and service, as appropriate.
- Configure and maintain equipment running a TCP/IP application.
- Design, coordinate, and supervise large system installations and cutovers.
- May be required to provide formal system training to other employees.
- May be required for call-outs or standby per Letter of Understanding (LOU) in Collective Agreement, after hours if needed, or during large field projects.
- Shift work will be required with this position.
- Travel to remote communities will be required on occasion.
- Journeyman Switching Craft or graduate of a 2 year recognized technical school or college with 5 years installation experience within the last 8 years with the ability to provide level 2 support on various products from various vendors as chosen by Northwestel. These will include both IP and digital PABX and key systems.
- Strong experience working with DHCP, TCP/IP, layer 2 switches, routers, and VoIP applications, as well as traditional PSTN trunking including DTMF and PRI.
- Networking experience with LAN’s/WAN’s to support VoIP applications.
- Knowledge of company services, products, procedures and tariffs.
- Knowledge of personal computers and general applications such as spreadsheets, databases, word processing, access care, Windows NT.
- Ability to analyze data and form conclusions using data from various sources.
- Interpersonal skills, able to work well with people, flexible, adaptable to continuous change, and the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Organizational, coordinating, and decision making skills.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Northwestel is a truly northern company. We employ more than 500 skilled northern workers to help in delivering telecommunications service to 96 communities across Canada’s North. Together, we are a diverse group of northerners, working to connect our communities through innovative communication solutions designed for life in the North.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in information technology, network engineering, customer service, marketing, finance, and human resources.
Northwestel is recognized as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates. Joining our team means opportunities to grow through education and career development. Plus, competitive wages with a robust benefit package.
We also provide employees with mental health and wellness support tools, such as Telemedicine, Resilience counseling services, and more.
Start your career with Northwestel. Help us build a stronger North.
Northwestel. Our North. Our Home.