The Foster Family Coalition is hiring a Part-Time Child and Youth Worker to assist foster caregivers.
The role of the CYW will be to provide support for the caregiver, work one-on-one with the youth in care, and provide consistent and supportive care for the youth.
The CYW may be asked to support the caregiver with tasks around the home that support the youth, provide educational and supportive activities to the youth, supervise youth while the caregiver is out of the home for short periods, and provide updates on youth progress as needed.
Assets include previous child care experience, knowledge of FASD, Trauma-informed care, Autism, or lived foster care experience.
This role may include morning, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Prepare and serve snacks or meals to the child
- Watch children while caregiver is running errands out of the home
- Take the child on outings in the community
- Deliver meaningful activities and educational materials as per the caregiver's instructions
- Support and care for the child
- Offer ideas and resources for continued education and development of the child.
- Previous work with children age 1-12
- Trauma-informed care training
- Experience with children with FASD, Autism, High Needs, or Behavioural Concerns
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Drivers Licence
- CPRC required
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check Required