Job Requisition Id: 145349 Business Function: Plant Operations Primary City: Yellowknife Other Location(s): Province: Northwest Territories Employment Type: On Call Employment Status: Term Language Requirement: English Essential Salary: $21.80 per hour Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 02/20/2022
Health and safety is our highest priority. With vaccination shown to be the most effective tool to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and protecting individuals from severe consequences of this virus, Canada Post has implemented a Vaccination Practice. Accordingly, you will be required to attest to being fully vaccinated. If you are unable to be vaccinated, you may request an accommodation due to a medical, religious, or other prohibited ground of discrimination as described in the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Experience the dynamic mail operations and retail environment only Canada Post can offer. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post.
Please note that some offices rotate their staff and a temporary Postal Clerk might be called to work in positions to serve the public at a counter, conduct financial transactions and perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Operate a computer point of sale system
- Maintain floor displays
- Conduct merchandizing and inventory control
- Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
- Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
- Receive, sort, sequence and batch mail items
Job Responsibilities (continued)
- Operate mail processing equipment (clearing jams, remove mail from sorting machines, etc.) where applicable
- Transport mail between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment, where applicable
- Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Be required to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time
- Exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighting up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs) and carrying mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 lbs) and bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
- Experience in customer service in a retail environment
- Sales experience is an asset
- Experience working in a production environment is an asset
Please note that mandatory pre-employment assessments and job training may take place in third-party facilities such as clinics and hotels, where specific COVID 19 protocols are in place. Access to these third-party facilities will require compliance with any such protocols.
Safety Sensitive Positions This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Important Message Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders. Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion. Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect. Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity. Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.