Primary Reserve Light Infantry
C Company of the loyal Edmonton Regiment
Now hiring part-time positions submit your application at www.forces.ca
Unit Recruiter: (867) 873–5072
The Basic Eligibility Criteria to Apply
- Minimum of 16 and older.
- Minimum of grade 10 education (33 Credits+) or GED/post-secondary.
- Must have Canadian Citizenship.
Benefits of a Part Time Reservist
- NCM Starting pay from $96.06/Day + Northern Allowance $70.32/Day = Total $166.62/Day
- Earn up to 30 high school credits by completing training: BMQ/DP1
- Pension, Health and Dental Benefits
- Membership to the Raven’s Nest Mess
- Access to the DND Gym, Field house, Anytime Fitness and Pool
- Up to $8000 Tuition Assistance/ $2000 a year
Skills you will learn as an Infantry Soldier
- Field Craft
- Map and Compass Navigation
- Winter Survival Training
- First Aid
- Weapons Training
- Tactics (Individual and Group)
About the Reserves
The Reserves are the part-time component of the CF. Reserve members take on a voluntary commitment to work with their reserve unit throughout the year. They often work alongside the Regular Force and can be activated in a time of national emergency or crisis. The nature of the reserves is such that you will work on a part-time basis for part of the year (Sep-Jun). During the summer months, you are normally expected to train full time (Jun-Aug). Training includes basic military qualification (BMQ) and DP1 Infantry courses that run out of the battle schools across Canada. Travel and transportation expenses related to training are covered. Accommodations and meals provided during summer training.
The reserves offers significant adventure, challenge and travel opportunities. Regular promotion and career advancement are possible. Continuous professional development, including leadership and management training opportunities. Opportunity to volunteer for overseas duty on Canada’s United Nations or NATO operations.
This opportunity is great for
Students (high school, college, university); and Individuals with a full time career, but who would like to serve in the CF on a part-time basis. (Often these individuals take holidays or arrange for leave of absences so they can train full time during the summer).
For more information on the reserves go to www.forces.ca or call (867) 873–5072