Are you looking for a great company and a great team to work with? Great Slave Helicopters has a position open on our administrative team!
Are you a people person and enjoying being busy handling inquiries and tasks? Are you able to learn quickly, prioritize your tasks and work independently when required?
If this is you, please read below and contact us about our position right away!
Term: Mid-April- September
- Arrange travel, hotel and vehicle bookings via approved providers, distribute tickets to staff, and post incurred expenses to the summary sheet.
- Request and manage reservations
- Reconcile Visa statements weekly for travel
- Maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information seen or heard at all times.
- Assisting clients, staff and visitors
- Gathering and disseminating information which has arrived via hand, mail, fax or Internet.
- Operating the main switchboard for the Group of Companies, answering incoming calls for specific companies.
- Type forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary;
- Maintaining a record of ongoing camps, work sites and how they can be reached by phone, fax, Internet.
- Taking full and complete phone messages, including the name of the caller, the reason for the call, the time the call can be returned and the number.
- Work closely with other travel coordinators and ensure the travel desk is covered during vacations etc.
- Maintain reception area
- Greet/check in clients at reception
- Attending and taking meeting minutes
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Community college or technical is preferred
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Able to become functionally capable in travel services - strong system and process focus
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines
- Previous experience in and administrative role as a receptionist or assistant would be an asset.
- Ability to perform all duties with a level of interpersonal skills appropriate to the position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen well, take direction and manage priorities is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including word and excel and internet
- Aviation experience a definite asset.
A valid driver’s license and abstract is required