Welcome to the NWT Brewing Company - Nestled between the wonder of the aurora borealis and the rugged nature of the northern frontier, our little brewing outpost is one of a kind. Located in the spirited town of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories we are the northernmost brewpub in Canada.
As the Administrative Assistant & Bookkeeper at the NWT Brewing Company Ltd., you will work under the supervision of the General Manager who is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company. You are expected to take initiative, be a self-starter and maintain a strong attention to detail with respect to all work being performed. We offer a casual work environment, flexible work hours, vacation, health benefits (coming 2022), company discounts on merchandise, NWT Brewing beer and food, as well as team building, social events, and an entrepreneurial and growing environment.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time, permanent
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Live and learn the culture, history, policies, and vision of NWTBC!
As NWT Brewing Company’s Administrative Assistant & Bookkeeper, you will:
- Ensure accurate data entry and achieve thorough understanding of our Sage accounting software and SilverWare Point of Sale system reports.
- Receive and post payables, pay invoices.
- Complete daily cash-outs and reconciliation.
- Receive and post Licensee payments.
- Calculate employee gratuities and create reports.
- Assist with payroll preparation by preparing payroll reports, absences, bonus and leaves.
- Create invoices for NWTLCC and other customer accounts as required, post payments.
- File regular Federal GST and Excise returns.
- Prepare financial statements and reports as required.
- Create monthly inventory purchases and sales reports.
- Monitor email inbox and respond to inquiries accordingly, direct to other team members as needed.
- File paperwork and keep office organized.
- Collect, enter, and file employee new hire documents.
- Keep track and update databases for employee HR tasks (e.g., vacation, sick leave, separations).
- Assist with job postings and support HR requests, process resumes.
- Prepare paperwork for HR policies and procedures.
- Provide secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Other related duties that may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Business Administration degree is an asset
- Experience in an office environment in an administrative capacity.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Ability to maintain employee files and confidentiality.
- Hardworking, dedicated, and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Dedication to continued improvement, growth, and skill development is extremely important.
- You value quality above all and are willing to devote the appropriate care and attention to every step of the process.
- Good computer knowledge for both MAC and PC environments.
- A sense of aesthetics, good grammar, and a knack for effective, kind communication.
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets.