The Business Manager is responsible for providing senior level clerk support in order to ensure that the records, decisions and function of the Techi?q Ltd and Its Subsidiaries are maintained in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
Reporting to the Director of Housing and infrastructure Department and working closely with the Techi?d Board of Directors and the Business Manager will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring all arrangements necessary for Board of Directors meetings and meetings with external Officials and Dignitaries, their associated records and decision communication to appropriate staff.
- Receive, review, and prioritize all incoming correspondence to Board of Directors including referring correspondence to the President
- Liaise with protocol and executive staff of external organization’s officials to arrange meetings and teleconferences, etc
- Compile daily priority file and review key issues, action items, pending deadlines, briefing notes, reading materials and meeting preparations
- Compile daily priority file and bring forward to provide the Board of Directors with an understanding of upcoming commitments in the event circumstances change
- Receive daily signature file from the Board of Directors and Director of Housing and Infrastructure and be responsible for obtaining signatures for correspondence and returning to President and Director of Housing and Infrastructure for review and distribution
- Oversee and/or generate Board of Directors Resolutions, Hansard, etc of Board of Directors meetings and/or Executive Committee meetings for review by Director of Housing and Infrastructure
- Receive laws, records, and other administrative items for approvals prior to directing to Director of Housing and Infrastructure.
- Oversee maintenance of up to date corporate files, including chronological correspondence files
- Draft correspondence (both general and confidential), presentations and other materials/documents in preparation for Director of Housing and Infrastructure review and signature
- Review documentation requiring signature to ensure proper authorization procedures have been adhered to before submitting for approval to Board of Directors
- Review all documents including letters, briefing notes etc., for proper style and formatting before providing to the Director of Housing and Infrastructure for review and approval
- Renewal of the Tourism operation license for the Grey Goose Lodge, Sahcho Properties and Techi?q ltd.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Public, Policy, Finance and other equivalencies
- 3-5 years’ experience working with First Nation, Business or Government Environment
- Financial Management Skills
- Familiar with Sahtuotine culture, values, fluency in Dene Kede language ad history