The designated Qmunity Camp First Aider will provide first aid, CPR and emergency care for staff, youth and volunteers at the Qmunity Camp site for pre-camp, during camp and post-camp. The First Aider will also manage the dispensary of youth medications, be aware of youth allergies, and maintain Qmunity Camp’s first aid supplies. The First Aider will be the first responder on site and will be responsible for accompanying staff, youth and/or volunteers to Stanton Territorial Hospital if a serious incident arises. All first aid supplies will be purchased and provided by Qmunity Camp, and a comprehensive list of supplies will be co-created by the First Aider and upper management of Qmunity Camp.
Contract: August 18th to 27th, 2022
Job posting closes June 8th, 2022.
- Participate in staff training and orientation
- Assist with load-in of supplies and site preparation
- Provide first aid care as needed
- Provide emergency care in a first-responder capacity
- Complete lice check on youth prior to shuttle to camp site
- Attend day canoe trip with youth
- Assess serious injuries and accompany staff, youth and/or volunteers to Stanton Territorial Hospital if necessary
- Travel on the youth canoe trip to provide first aid care as needed
- Dispense youth medication (prescribed or over-counter)
- Familiarize with any and all youth physical health needs, such as allergies and conditions
- Assist with the tear-down of camp
- Preparing an accurate and organized inventory of craft, sport, first aid and other supplies
- Participate in end of season debrief and evaluation
Qmunity Camp NWT prioritizes applicants that are diverse in gender, sexuality, culture and race, and encourage applicants to self-identify in their resume if they so choose.
- Be 19 years old or older
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate and work with others
- Minimum two years of first aid experience
- Valid first aid / CPR certification or confirmation of in-date professional certification (nurse, nurse practitioner, doctor, EMT, etc.)
- Experience with canoeing an asset
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle on-site is required
- Mandatory Criminal Record Check + Vulnerable Sector Screening