The Early Childhood Assistant will:
- promote literacy through various methods, including Facebook lives, social media and contests.
- create resources to support activities for events such as International Literacy Day.
- assist Family Literacy program staff to create early learning materials for use in Family Literacy programming.
- work with Family Literacy staff to create resources for the Bison Bus (a mobile family literacy bus).
- lead activities in the Bison Bus at community events (may involve travel to other communities dependent on the Public Health directives at the time).
This job may require working on evenings, weekends and holidays depending on activities. Due to funding, this is a temporary position for 12 weeks, and employees must be youth aged 15-30 years old.
Closing date: Friday, May 28, 2021, noon. Please email any questions, resume and cover letter to NWT Literacy Council’s Executive Director, Kathryn Barry Paddock at firstname.lastname@example.org.