Reporting to the Environmental Coordinator and working a (3) weeks in and (3) weeks out rotation at the Snap Lake Mine. This position will be instrumental in coordinating the collection, monitoring, analysis and reporting of environmental data at the Snap Lake Mine. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot problems. Additionally, the successful candidate must be capable of working independently in the lab, or out on the land.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and verifying work as per the relevant programs and environmental systems used at this location.
- Reduce the impact on the local environment by pollution control, implementing plans for wastes, conservation of flora and fauna, removal of hazardous substance and hydrocarbons.
- Management of water in accordance with the legislated and contractual requirements.
- Making certain that documents and records are current, clear, complete, and filed as per the contract filing system.
- Inspect the various sites for environmental compliances.
- Provide environmental training and assistance to all team members.
- Identify potential environmental risks and design mitigation plans.
- Determine areas of improvement to lessen environmental wastes, hazards, spills, and damages.
- Post-secondary diploma in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Management, Wildlife/Forestry, Chemistry, Mining or Reclamation.
- Three (3) years relevant experience.
- Proficient skills with Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and environmental data tracking/trending software.
- In depth knowledge of the resources act, water quality objectives, environmental protection act and waste management regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain solid working relationships across multiple disciplines.
- Sound judgement, planning, problem solving, and decision-making abilities are essential.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written with the ability to write technical reports.
- Ready and willing to work in remote locations during inclement weather conditions.
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment and extreme temperatures with minimal supervision.
Please note all positions at Snap Lake require a current Criminal Record Check and a fit for work medical assessment.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: July 16, 2021
Khione Resources, Ltd. is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.