The Transportation Program is designed to meet the transportation needs of children and youth in foster care Yellowknife to and from daycare, school, and other appointments during the day as identified. The program supports foster caregivers who do not own a vehicle, or are otherwise unable to transport the children.
- Morning and afternoon pick-up and drop-off of children to and from daycare, school and after school programs.
- Transportation of kids to and from appointments during the day as requested
- Answer and make phone calls or text messages (to caregivers, Child Protection Workers, day cares, FFC) as needed to coordinate daily driving schedule
- Ensure safety of children (in age appropriate car seats, children are never left alone in the vehicle, they are dropped off and picked up from safe environments)
- Simple maintenance of the bus (filling up gas, checking tire pressure, cleaning the bus)
- Keep up to date bus log
- Pick up supplies for FFC programs (GLOW, Respite, After School Program, office, etc) as needed.
- Being a committed member of the FFC team, collaborating on the organization’s events and projects as a team player.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor
In this role, you are expected to follow current COVID-19 guidelines, including maintaining social distance, wearing masks on the bus, and following all FFC organizational rules outlined in our COVID-19 public health guide.
- Valid Class 4 Driver’s license, or willing to obtain one and FFC will cover the fees required to get a class 4 driver's license.
- Canadian Resident
- Must be extremely punctual and reliable
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working with children and youth with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, a trauma background, and various behavioural needs
- Enthusiasm and desire to work with children and youth and make a positive impact on their life
- Knowledge of northern First Nations, Inuit, and Métis cultures
- Vulnerable sector check (we will provide a letter to bring to the RCMP)
- Clear child protection records check (we will provide the forms for this)