Ptarmigan Inn Hotels Ltd is Hay River's premier full service hotel conveniently located in the downtown area. We feature 3 large boardrooms along with full service catering, and onsite gym, Fitness4All. As well, we offer a many dining options, Keys Dining and Doghouse Pub right in the hotel, and Back Eddy Lounge & Grill just down the road.
The Ptarmigan Inn Hotel is seeking motivated and reliable staff to join our culinary team! If you are an experienced cook interested in working in a fast-paced hotel setting, then apply now!
The cook is responsible for the preparation, cooking and plating of various a la carte menu items. Some banquet prep work will also be required. This position requires a great deal of attention to detail and to be able to remain calm under pressure. Being organized and clean are very important to the success of any cook.
- Being able to work any station on the line and in banquets
- Prepare a variety of items i.e. soups, sauces, salad dressings etc. by using recipes and the proper techniques
- Ensure high quality products are produced in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a professional and team player attitude at all times
- Communicate effectively with all team members
- Comply with all company policies and procedures as outlined
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness of self and work station at all times
- Treat all company property with care and respect
- Work at speed and in an efficient manner with or without supervision
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner
- Minimum 1 year related experience
- Food Safe Certification
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible availability for shift work
- Must be fully available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
- Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to work a full shift standing
Criminal Record Check required
This position is limited to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents or individuals currently in possession of an open work permit. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $19.00 per hour