Title: Kitchen manager/Chef Reporting to: Hotel General Manager Liaises with all other heads of departments
- To ensure food timing standards and cook in kitchen on the line during peak hours and busy times
- To ensure food prep and orders are accurately ensure maximum gross profit.
- To ensure that all menus are correctly updated, paying special attention to seasonal availability
- To ensure that all staff are constantly trained to effect good portion control and pleasing presentation of dishes
- To ensure that sufficient stocks of all materials are being kept and stored under correct conditions
- To ensure all statutory hygiene requirements are diligently followed
- To ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported
- To ensure time sheets are accurate and absenteeism is reported
- To ensure all staff is dressed correctly to satisfy statutory requirements as well as enhancing the image of the establishment
- To constantly update your knowledge and skills for the good of the establishment
- To assist with regular stock-takes as and when require
- And all other task assigned
Ability to read, analyses, and interpret general business professional, technical procedures, manuals, or statutory regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard performance manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of a managers, suppliers, managers, and employees.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Arts
- Must have at least 10 years culinary experience
- Extensive food and wine knowledge and creativity
- Leadership/supervisory experience required
- Knowledge of purchasing, ordering, receiving, food costing and inventory procedures
Working knowledge of various computer software programs including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, and email, online food ordering systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certificate of completion from a trade school
- Driver’s license
- Food safe
- First Aid
While performing duties, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear in addition to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift and/or move 24kg. specific vision required by this job is to read include close and far distances.
Please send your resume and cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org