The Délįnę Got’ine Government’s (DGG’S) Department of Community Wellness is now accepting applications for the Recreation Manager position. The Recreation Manager position is a term position until October 27, 2022. The Recreation Manager report to the Director of Community Wellness. He/she will manage, direct, supervise and coordinate various recreation programs and special events for the Community; plan, direct and supervise the work of full-time and part-time staff; access funding; manage the department budget; facilitate programs with other organizations and departments; and provide administrative support to the Director of Community Wellness. The Recreation Manager will ensure facilities and equipment used for programs and activities are clean, safe and secure.
- Must have at least three (3) experience in similar position or similar field, preferably in a small community or regional based location,
- Must have experience supervising and managing teams in a cross-cultural environment,
- Develop a comprehensive budget and perform periodic budget analysis,
- Must have excellent communication skills, excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to review and comprehend agreements on behalf of the DGG;
- Computer skills including the ability to work with spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level is preferred; and
- Preference will be given to Délįnę Beneficiaries who possess the education and qualifications.
- Must possess updated First Aid/CPR Certifications
- Valid NWT Driver’s License (C5)
Must have Degree or Diploma in Recreation Management and/or completion of the Community Recreational Leader Certificate Program with related recreational programming experience. Equivalencies will be considered,